Why become a member of ABD?
The ABD Club is dedicated to promoting the sport of cycling and helping riders of all ages abilities become better riders. ABD currently has over 200 members ranging from 6 to 72 years young and from cycling "newbies" to former Olympian and Professional Riders. We are pleased to help de-mystify the world of racing for newcomers. ABD members are located throughout the Midwest with the heart of the organization in Chicago's Western Suburbs. ABD's "home base" is at Prairie Path Cycles in Winfield, Illinois.
Applying for membership in ABD is as easy as sending in the annual membership form (or better yet, dropping it off at Prairie Path Cycles) along with a $50 individual or $75 family membership fee. ABD has a general open-enrollment policy, with the main exception being Category 1/2 men. (1/2 riders, please submit a full resume to Mike Ebert- ebert
A great place to get started and meet a few of our members is on the regularly scheduled Monday Night Recovery ride from April to September (weather permitting- please check our News Blog & Twitter feed for updates. The ride is open to the public and averages 17mph and is a quick 90 minute ride through Winfield, West Chicago and Wayne. With so many members, chances are you'll see other ABD'ers on pretty much any regular weekly ride in the Western Suburbs!
One of the major benefits to being an ABD member is access to our Club e-mail list, which we use to coordinate ride and race outings as well as share tidbits of information regarding upcoming events.
Other benefits for all ABD members include:
- A discount on all accessories at Prairie Path Cycles. Call 630-690-9749 for more info.
- Special group pricing on all ABD custom, Voler Team Apparel orders.
- ABD "early-season" deals include Trek Bikes, Bontrager Wheels & Components, Serfas Products and Eyewear, Trek Helmets and more!
- Volunteer to help with ABD's events and earn vouchers to redeem for FREE entry into ABD races, Voler Clothing and other sponsors' products.
- Discount's on Boot Camps at the ABD Cycling Center in Prairie Path Cycles.
- Access to ABD indoor winter training sessions – organized and focused
- Seasonal group training rides with specific goals, tactics and specific rider feedback
- The best cycling club parties on the planet!
- Coaching, Clinics and Seminars offered only through the ABD Cycling Club – fitness, race tactics, cycling skills and much more.
- Consulations: $50/month
- Level 1: $100/month
- Level 2: $150/month
- Level 3: $275/month
It’s each member that makes ABD special and helps make the best club into an even better one. In order to recognize the hard work of ABD's volunteer base, members earn "ABD Points" for the hours they commit to helping with our operations and events. As mentioned, ABD points can be redeemed for FREE entry into ABD's races, for Voler Clothing or for products from PowerBar! In addition, ABD members who commit 15 hours or more annually are eligible for even deeper discounts from our sponsors!