What an amazing 4 months it has been. We completed 4 indoor events and finished the series outside in Maple Park, IL for the John Fraser Memorial Time Trial. Participation was about even with previous years and once again, for the second year in a row, new riders were showing up to the events. Now if we can just get more categories to have at least 3 riders complete all events so there are more overall awards presented.
Speaking of awards and results, congratulations are due for the following:
- EMC2 - Team Competition Winners
- Grzegorz Monko (WDT-Allvoi) - Men Category 1/2 Overall Winner
- Jason Knauff (Burnham Racing) - Men Category 3 Overall Winner
- Dan Verner (PACT) - Master’s Men 45-49 Overall Winner
- Job Bobka (Bicycle Heaven) - Master’s Men 55-59 Overall Winner
- Daniel Madsen (ABD Cycling) - Master’s Men 60-64 Overall Winner
- The 3 fastest Men and Women at each event
Unlike last year, ABD Cycling was unable to surpass the strength and successfulness that EMC2 was able to lay down. They stayed strong from the gate, and never once looked back. Congratulations on an award well deserved!
Now that the weather is getting nicer, it is time to head outdoors and start the road cycling season in style. ABD Cycling is scheduled to next host the Master’s Memorial Day Weekend in Wood Dale, IL followed by the Winfield Twilight Criterium, Fall Fling, and the Sunrise Park Cyclocross race. We are excited that the season kicked off smoothly and we are thankful that you all participated. We look forward to mixing it up in the pack now for the rest of the year. Good luck everyone, and thank you for helping to make the 2014 Indoor Time Trial Series such a success!